As promised, this is straightforward list that highlights the ugly truth about Kevin Brady’s voting record. It will be updated as new information comes to light. Please check in periodically to see what’s new.
- In 2015, voted for John Boehner over Louie Gohmert (a fellow Texan).
- In 2014, voted for the Crominbus bill which provides funding for Obamacare.
- In 2014 and 2013, voted for the NDAA which contains provisions for detaining someone infinitely without legal representation.
- In 2013, voted against the bipartisan legislation that would have -9+ended the practice of the NSA spying on US citizens.
- In 2013, voted for CISPA. This provided new avenues for government agencies to spy on private citizens. It effectively enabled companies to expedite information sharing by minimizing the privacy restrictions that are currently intact today.
- In 2013, voted for the Ryan-Murray budget which only promised to reduce future spending and still grew our debt.
- Kevin Brady has repeatedly voted to renew the Patriot Act which contains provisions for warrant-less wire-tapping.
- In 2013, voted for John Boehner over Jeff Landry.
- In 2008, voted for TARP